Clubs & Activities
At ISZL we believe that student development extends beyond the normal academic school day and that important learning and development should take place in other settings. All ISZL divisions offer a range of clubs and activities that match the diverse personalities and interests of our student body. The core programme of clubs and activities incorporates elements such as athletics and fitness, music, drama, human movement, visual art, craft/design and teamwork and leadership. A balance of competitive and recreational activities is offered in these areas, as well as activities of individual and group natures. All teachers assist with clubs and activities.
Students at ISZL enjoy attending our wide range of activities. These clubs allow students to have fun together and to make new friends. Many of the activities are offered to a range of grade levels. By mixing with other students, participation in clubs can enhance the development of social skills. Most clubs run after-school, but some are offered at lunch-time for our younger children. Clubs and activities are teacher organised and supervised.
Recent clubs and activities include:
- Art and Design
- Student Council
- Rainbows, Brownies and Guides
- Dance and Drama
- Book Club
- Computer Art and Design
- Musical groups including: Wind Band, Guitar Ensemble, Zug Voices/Junior Choir and String Orchestra
- Athletics and fitness clubs including: Track and Field, Swimming, Soccer, Basketball, Unihockey and Cross Country
Middle School and High School
The core range of activities is teacher organised and supported and a number of extra activities, initiated by teachers or students, may take place. Clubs and activities may involve travel to optional events such as workshops and festivals, and athletics tournaments. Travel locations may involve other European international schools and schools within Switzerland.
Recent clubs and activities at ISZL have included:
- Athletics and fitness clubs including: Volleyball, Softball, Golf, Running, Track & Field, Eagle Fit!, Rugby, Netball, Fencing, Climbing, Aerobics, Yoga, Canoeing and Kayaking, and Sailing.
- Student Council
- Musical Clubs including: Guitar, Wind Band, Zug Campus Choir, Choir, String Orchestra and Jazz Band
- Girls Leadership Club
- Creative Writing
- SAT Preparation
- Roots and Shoots
- Environment Club
- Art clubs including Arts and Crafts, Life Drawing, Calligraphy and Visual Arts
- Debating and Public Speaking Club
- Cooking Club