ISZL Board of Trustees
As custodians of ISZL’s long-term future, the Board of Trustees holds the primary responsibility to ensure:
The School is mission driven, and the Board focuses on the strategic planning that will ensure the achievement of that mission.
This is achieved in close collaboration with the School’s leadership. Membership of the ISZL Board of Trustees is by appointment and the Board seeks diversity in membership that reflects a broad range of expertise in the areas of finance, marketing, facilities, governance, and human resources, based on the many requirements and competences required by the Board. All new members to the Board undertake training, and the Board holds an annual retreat to discuss key strategies.
The Board meets at least four times a year and operates in five standing committees: Governance, Facilities, Finance, Fundraising, and Director Evaluation. The ISZL Director is a non-voting member of the Board and an ex-officio member of all committees. The Director has full operational control of ISZL and is assisted by the School’s Leadership Team.
Specific Responsibilities of the Board:
- Hire the Director and work supportively and cooperatively with the Director, assisting him where required and monitoring the Director’s performance against specific goals
- Regularly ensure there is an appropriate Strategic Plan in place, the results of which are systematically monitored and evaluated
- Develop, establish and review policy
- Monitor the School’s financial condition to ensure the School has the resources it needs, through prudent financial management and fundraising
- Ensure the School’s facilities meet the needs of an outstanding School and the School’s programs
- Organize and manage the Board’s work through setting annual goals and conducting annual evidence-based evaluation of the Board’s work and that of the Director
The ISZL Board works to build consensus in a congenial manner characterised by trust, teamwork, mutual respect, flexibility, adaptability, and responsiveness in the face of the ever-changing realities, resources and needs of a world-class international school.
For further information about the ISZL Board, or to view the ISZL Board Handbook, please contact Carolina Hofmann at: Carolina.Hofmann@iszl.ch