Admission Guidelines and Policy
Serving our Community
The International School of Zug and Luzern (ISZL) serves the educational needs of the international communities of Zug, Luzern, Zurich and Central Switzerland.
ISZL welcomes applications from students who will benefit from a challenging, international English-language education, which prepares them for Higher Education.
Whilst our main intake of students is in August, admissions are accepted throughout the year, contingent on a place being available. Prospective students are assessed on their previous school academic record and their potential for growth at our school.
Priority Placement Policy
During periods when the capacity of the school is insufficient to accommodate all qualified students who seek enrolment, the school operates a priority placement protocol as follows:
- Families with current or past connections to ISZL
a. The student is a sibling of a current student.*
b. The student is a returning student who was previously enrolled at ISZL within the last 3 years.*
c. Children of alumni
- Corporate sponsorship of the student is covered by a Corporate Partnership Agreement (CPA)
(If you or your company are interested in finding out more about CPAs, please contact the Admissions office)
- The applicant is an international student not currently schooled in Central Switzerland
- All other applicants, including Swiss nationals, based on the availability of educational alternatives and date of application.
* This is subject to a complete set of application papers being submitted by 1st March of the proposed year of entry to ISZL.