The Physical Education and Athletic Departments welcome our students and athletes back to sports at ISZL. As we navigate through these difficult times, we have carefully followed cantonal and federal guidelines and regulations on how to re-introduce sports at schools and clubs. Our key goal has been to support students’ skill and fitness development, to foster social and emotional wellbeing and allow for team play and competition.
Within the framework of the Federal Office for Public Health (FOPH), Swiss Olympics and the Canton of Zug we will teach Physical Education classes and provide an appropriate Athletic programme under the following conditions:
- Compliance with the rules of hygiene.
- Students must keep a distance of 1.5m from the teacher (a minimum distance of 1.5m between students does NOT have to be maintained).
- Teaching staff classified as vulnerable should observe the specific requirements of the FOPH.
Our teaching and practising principles include the following:
- Indoor and outdoor Physical Education classes are to take place in Grade levels.
- Afterschool Sports clubs and Athletic teams take place in registered groups.
- Outdoor sports are preferred.
- Changing rooms and showers are accessible to the students.
- Masks must be worn before and after High School sports lessons. This includes the time in the changing rooms, on the way to the sports halls/fields and to and from the classrooms.
- Physical contact is permitted in individual sports if it does not take place over a long period of time.
- Large gatherings of persons who are staying at the same place for a longer period should be avoided if possible (for example, substitutes sitting together during a game).
- Students and teachers should wash their hands thoroughly before and after each sports lesson according to the FOPH guidelines.
- When changing equipment in the hall or sports field during the lesson, the students and the teacher should disinfect equipment and their hands.
The following sports activities will be avoided:
- fighting and wrestling games
- games or forms of play with consistent physical contact (e.g. no full-contact rugby)
Competitions take place under the following specifications:
- Travel is limited to day trips within Switzerland
- Major tournaments and gatherings will be avoided. Competition is reduced to mutual games and small-sided tournaments, where participation tracing can be controlled
- No spectators at games - only players, coaches & officials allowed. This applies to off-site facilities as well.
- Wearing of masks is required when not playing and a 1.5m distance cannot be maintained
- Host schools must publish their protection concept and any specific requirements for visiting squads.
- Swiss Olympic protocols are to be followed according to the sports specific guidelines.
- Changing rooms are not to be used. Players arrive at games in their sports attire.
- Attendance records of participants are kept by the host school and deleted after 14 days.
- Handwashing and disinfection are to be reinforced at arrival and during the competition.
- Cleaning of facilities is provided by the host school for the duration of the visit.
- Avoid shared equipment, bring your own warm-up equipment.
We look forward to welcoming our students and athletes back in the gym, field and courts.
- High School
- Middle School
- Primary School