Experiential Learning is a vital component of our programme contributing much to the personal development of our students. The coming weeks include 3-day trips to Wengen for Grades 6 & 7, computer coding workshops for G6 & 7, a Service Learning trip to Bulgaria, an Individuals and Societies and German Trip to Munich, a Spanish language trip to southern Spain, a French language trip to southern France, raft building and the Grade 8 Challenge exhibition, and the International Award expedition (3 days hiking and camping in Lenk).
Grade 6 students have been cooking using solar heat furnace outside the Baarburg – hard to believe this happened just before the weekend’s snowfall!
The Middle School Musical - The Addams Family
This was a fantastic show with many memorable moments. Special thanks to our arts team Alexis Dahl, Vicki Mclaughlan and Stephen York, and to the many parent volunteers for their hours of hard work supporting our students behind the scenes. Please read this article for more including photos and feedback from the students involved.
Kids of Africa Nearly New Sale
The clothes, toys, bikes & buggies collected from our community generated an enormous number of items which our Grade 8 students helped sort, price and display. It is difficult to quantify the many benefits of such an endeavor but here are a few:
- Over CHF 5,600 was raised for Kids of Africa
- Unsold clothes transported to Ukraine by Licht im Osten
- Unsold clothes are given to IG3plus, supporting Swiss families in need
- Good quality toys and baby equipment are re-distributed through Frauenzentrale Zug
- Our students benefit from being involved in a highly professionally run event for a good cause.
- Positive impact on ourselves by being involved in such a worthwhile project
Special thanks go to teachers Liz Jewitt and Demeter Markel, the parent team capably led by Marian Vasquez and Pauline Beresford, and the Grade 8 Kids of Africa student group.
Zug Campus Choir Tour
The Zug Campus choir has been visiting Luxembourg City this week, performing concerts for the Primary and Middle Schools at the International School of Luxembourg.
Student Led Conferences
We hope that the conference yesterday was worthwhile and that your child was able to share his/her work in a meaningful way, showing a sense of ownership for the progress they are making and being able to effectively present their work.
Grade 8 Challenge
The Grade 8 Challenge Exhibition to celebrate student achievement is open this week in the Baarburg Mezzanine and Galerie. Thanks to Kat Henderson for leading this important part of our programme
Grade 7 Coding Workshops and Science in Wengen
Next week students will be experiencing a curriculum that combines pastoral care, maths, science , design, outdoor education and social emotional care.
- In Wengen: 2.5 days led by Viviana Nielsen in science and engineering.
- In School: 2.5 days of coding and robotics led by Tech/STEM teachers
(Grade 6 will enjoy a similar experience later this month or early June.)
Next week’s Service Learning trip to Bulgaria led by Stuart Byfield and Elizabeth Meeks will consist of 20 students who have been preparing all year and who will engage in work with handicapped kids in Bulgaria.
Individuals and Societies/German Trip Munich
A joint German language and humanities trip the focus is on the rise of Hitler, Munich and Nuremberg and includes a tour of Dachau.
- Grade 7 Groups in Wengen
- Grade 6 Groups in Wengen
- Sports Day at Herti Stadium Monday 20 May
- International Award Lenk Expedition
- Final dance for Grade 6-8 Friday 14 June
- Grade 8 Raft Race (Zug Lake) Monday 17 June
- Grade 8 Dinner for students: Monday 17 June
- Final Assembly Celebration (Grade 8 parents invited) Tuesday 18 June 14:00 – 16:00
- Middle School