Last Day of School - Wednesday, 19 June 2019
Please be reminded that school closes at 12.00 and buses will leave the campus by 12.15.
Reports can be accessed on the ISZL Report Card & Student Information Portal from 12.00 on Friday 21 June. You should already have a login and password for this but if you need help you will find full instructions on the link here.
On this day, for returning students in EY1 to Grade 4, we will send an email communicating your child’s class teacher for the new school year.
Staff Appreciation Lunch
On behalf of all the staff on Zug Campus, I wish to thank the parents for the wonderful lunch provided last Friday. We all look forward to this day knowing it will be a gourmet surprise and you never disappoint! Your thoughtfulness is greatly appreciated by all. Thank you to the PA and the parents who were present throughout the day to ensure all ran smoothly. Thank you for acknowledging the staff in this way, it serves to nurture the relationships we share in our community, which are so highly valued.
Last Tuesday, around 60 parents gathered for the Volunteer Breakfast. This event serves to recognise the many parents, with their expertise and skills, who serve as volunteers in the school.
Thank you to the parents for your ongoing support and for the many ways you have helped in the classrooms, on field trips, as class representatives, on committees and so much more! We look forward to working together with you next year.
End of Year Reflection
One of my tasks at the end of the school year is to read student reports. This responsibility gives me the opportunity to read in detail the curriculum focus in multiple grades at different times of the year and to learn about individual student’s progress as learners.
It also serves to remind me that students have been challenged with exciting learning engagements both in and out of the classroom; they have grown in social maturity, independence and responsibility. Our students have been well prepared and are looking forward with positive anticipation to the new and exciting learning they will experience in the next grade.
The personal relationships that teachers and students share are communicated in the comments and they affirm all that has been achieved together throughout the year. This connection is central to a sense of belonging within the class group and serves to support our student academic achievement. It is with some sadness that teachers and students say farewell for the summer, knowing that their year of teaching and learning has come to end.
A sincere thank you to all of our teachers, assistant teachers and support staff for ensuring another successful and dynamic year on Zug Campus. At the heart of every school are the people who serve within it and we can be thankful for a knowledgeable and committed faculty and staff.
I would also like to acknowledge and thank Kyle Hawkins and Michelle Hill, Assistant Principals and Dave Secomb, PYP Coordinator, along with grade level and subject team leaders for their dedicated service and leadership this year. Each person plays a vital role in the educational life and leadership of our school.
We say farewell, but not goodbye, and a heartfelt Thank You to the following staff members – each have left their unique and special qualities as memories for us to cherish:
- Kyle Hawkins, Assistant Principal: Kyle has been an outstanding school leader in his 7 years of service to ISZL. Kyle is moving to Bangkok to serve as an Assistant Principal at the New International School of Thailand. Our best wishes go with Kyle, Mel and their son, Beckett.
- Julia Kortt, Grade 3 teacher: Julia has served in multiple teaching roles with dedication and expertise during her 5 years of service. Julia and family are moving to Shanghai, where she will capably lead as the Primary Coordinator at Yew Chung International School of Shanghai. We wish Julia, Andrew and Claudia the very best as they embrace this new chapter.
- David Taylor, EY2 Teacher: David has served both in Grade 1 and EY2 demonstrating his passion and skilful teaching, nurturing our young learners in 4 years of service. David is moving to the American School in Japan with his family where he will teach Kindergarten. All the best to David, Sue, Mackenzie and Riley as they embrace life in Japan.
- Tracy Hummel, EY1: Tracy leaves us after 11 years of service. She has demonstrated her love of teaching and learning in the Early Years and has served as a team leader shaping the pedagogy and culture. Tracy will return home to the US and will serve as a kindergarten teacher in Dallas, Texas. We wish Tracy and her family well as they return to the States.
- Farewell to Sarah Jones, our knowledgeable and supportive IT Technician and to Sarah Hamilton who has faithfully served our community running Snack Attack.
We also greatly thank and acknowledge the staff who have served on short term contracts over the past year. Their dedication to the students, adaptability and committed service to our community has been greatly appreciated. Joy Walker, Lynne Scollay, Monica Lynch, Laura Sziborsky, Afrodita Hay, Rebecca Woods, Julie Popple, Sharon Hanford and Bridget Magee.
Farewell to those children, parents and teachers leaving our community. I trust you will leave with many fond memories of your time at ISZL, along with lasting friendships. Best wishes as you continue life’s journey. Should you return to Zug in the future, we look forward to greeting you once again.
Finally, I wish you all a very happy and safe holiday. I look forward to welcoming you to the excitement of the new school year on Tuesday, 20 August 2019.
- Grade 4 Trade Fair
Date: 14 June 2019
Zug Campus (outside Zugerberg and Old School House)
- Grade 5 Celebration
Date: 18 June 2019
- Last day of school - classes finish at noon
19 June 2019
- Primary School reports available online
Date: 21 June 2019
- First day of classes 2019/20
Date: Tuesday 20 August 2019
- Primary School
- Zug Campus