Learning at ISZL
We respect. We Motivate. We Achieve.
Deep and personalised learning is at the heart of an education at the International School of Zug and Luzern (ISZL). Our students learn to think critically, collaborate with peers from diverse cultural backgrounds and use creativity to solve unique challenges as they discover their passion and purpose in school. The ISZL mission is at the heart of our curriculum, and as it states:
We are a community of learners determined to make the world – or our corner of it – a better, kinder place. We reflect our values in everything we do so that we make the most of the opportunities and challenges in a spirit of enthusiastic inquiry.
ISZL is a fully accredited, International Baccalaureate® (IB) World School providing education for students aged 3 to 18 in Central Switzerland since 1961. We offer all four IB programmes: Primary Years Programme, Middle Years Programme, Diploma Programme and Career-related Programme. As the only school in the Zug region and one of three schools in Switzerland to offer the entire IB continuum, our curriculum gives students a coherence of programmes and a sustainable learning experience whether they continue their studies at ISZL or elsewhere. We also provide Advanced Placement®, BTEC and ISZL courses to ensure all students have the opportunity to create a programme that best supports their learning.
ISZL's curriculum is supported by a number of unique programmes and learning experiences, such as:
- Youth Forum Switzerland - an annual event for students, by students
- Trips to Chalet Bergheim - our outdoor learning centre in Wengen
- A Personal Development Programme with service learning activities and trips
- An inclusive Athletics programme at the top of its leagues
- An robust Arts programme with its own Media Production Studio
- Frequent visiting experts and guest speakers
- A Continuity of Learning Plan that supports at-home learning during school closures