Accreditation and Memberships
Accreditations and Authorisations
ISZL is accredited by the Council of International Schools and the New England Association of Schools and Colleges. ISZL is also a fully authorised International Baccalaureate (IB) World School offering four IB programmes to ages 3 - 18.
ISZL is proud to be accredited by the world’s most prominent international accreditation organisations. We regard accreditation as part of an on-going and continuous cycle of improvement, which is driven by our desire to provide an outstanding experience for our students.
Successful accreditation is a true mark of quality for an academic institution and highly valued recognition of the school's overall standards of teaching and learning. The accreditation process is rigorous and comprehensive and aimed at not only affirming current practice, but also providing a framework for on-going development and improvement. As such, ISZL:
- has undergone a rigorous self-assessment
- has been evaluated by a team of experienced professionals
- meets high academic and professional standards
- is subject to regular visits and monitoring by external agencies
- INTERNATIONAL BACCALAUREATE ORGANISATION (IBO)
- NEW ENGLAND ASSOCIATION OF SCHOOLS AND COLLEGES (NEASC)
- COUNCIL OF INTERNATIONAL SCHOOLS (CIS)
- COLLEGE BOARD ADVANCED PLACEMENT (AP) PROGRAMME
- PEARSON BTEC CENTRE
- Most Recent Accreditation Report Results
The International Baccalaureate offers a continuum of international education. The programmes encourage both personal and academic achievement, challenging students to excel in their studies and in their personal development.
ISZL is an International Baccalaureate World School and is accredited to run four IB programmes
- IB Primary Years Programme (PYP) for students from Early Years 1 to Grade 5
- IB Middle Years Programme (MYP) for students from Grade 6 to Grade 10
- IB Diploma Programme (DP) for students in Grades 11 and 12
- IB Career-Related Programme (CP)
The mission of the NEASC is to assess and promote the quality of education through the accreditation of its members. A self-study process of 12-18 months is undertaken by schools and colleges in regular review cycles. The goals are effectiveness, improvement and public assurance. The NEASC is a not-for-profit corporation that adheres to fundamental principles of fairness and non-discrimination.
The Council of International Schools (CIS) is a membership community committed to high quality international education. As a global non-profit membership organisation, CIS provides services to primary and secondary schools, higher education institutions and individuals that share these ideals:
- A desire to provide students with the knowledge, skills and abilities to pursue their lives as global citizens
- A commitment to high quality international education
MOST RECENT ACCREDITATION REPORT
In March 2015, ISZL received a joint accreditation visit from representatives of CIS, NEASC and the IB. The team was tasked with reviewing the school against a set of high standards. The school was successfully accredited by both CIS and NEASC and also was successfully re-authorised to continue offering the three IB programmes.
The school was presented with a comprehensive final report of the findings. The report presented all of the team’s findings, benchmarked against the 8th edition of the CIS/NEASC accreditation standards.
The accreditation visitors made it clear that ISZL had met or exceeded almost all of the standards required by accreditation, with only a few recommendations.
We were specifically commended for:
- the development of a Mission Statement that enjoys a high degree of support from the whole school community as demonstrated by their actions
- the school-wide participation of students in long-term charitable and outreach initiatives. These demonstrate a sustainable commitment to internationalism and compassion for humanity
- ensuring the long-term financial stability of the School, which enables the school community to focus on its mission
- creating clear admissions policies and procedures that are clearly communicated, well understood and used as the true basis for admissions decisions
- creating a well-staffed and clearly structured system of Learning Support that serves the needs of the students admitted to the School
- developing a PSHE programme that is relevant, meaningful and delivered by a broad segment of the School's teaching staff
for developing a widespread atmosphere of respect, supportive relationships and a genuine enjoyment of learning
- the provision and maintenance of excellent buildings and grounds to deliver a high quality educational programme
- a continued commitment to a whole school articulation of the IB mission
- for facilitating and supporting a community of learners to a collaborative approach to curriculum development
- having a system of counselling that ensures transition between programmes and postsecondary education
- ensuring collaborative planning and reflection so that all teachers have an overview of students´ learning experiences
- publishing the curriculum to the school community in a comprehensive grade level package
- taking the necessary steps for ensuring that personal and social education is the genuine responsibility of all teachers
- supporting the language diversity of their students
- building a stimulating learning environment based on understanding and respect throughout the school community
ISZL is a proud member of the following esteemed organisations:
- International Baccalaureate Organisaton (IBO)
- Council of International Schools (CIS)
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC)
- Educational Collaborative for International Schools (ECIS)
- Association for the Advancement of International Education (AAIE)
- Sports Council of International Schools (SCIS)
- Swiss Group of International Schools (SGIS)
- European Sports Conference (ESC)
- Association of Music in International Schools (AMIS)
- Exam Board of the Royal Schools of Music (ABRSM)
- International Schools Theatre Association (ISTA)